Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Andy Part 2

Andy called us tonight to say hi and to let us know that he was getting ready to pull out on Wednesday. He said that he was going to leave DFW, fly into LAX, then on to Hong Kong. From there he would fly to Bangkok for a 10 hour layover. After that they would fly to another town and then on into Chiang Mai. He said that he would call us when they landed there. He sounds like he is having fun and he has made some new friends. AC told me that the phone calls would be the hardest and she was so right. We were at Wendy's when the call came and once I hung up, I cried.

This raising kids thing is so much harder the bigger they get. You have to step back and realize you are no longer the center of their universe and I don't know if I like that. I am sure that as time goes by I will be glad that they grew up and moved on but in my heart they are still my little babies who need their momma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They will always need momma, just in a different way.
LOVEmom