Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm Playing With My New Camera

I've been taking lots of picture with my new camera. I'm trying to figure out how to use it correctly and improve my picture taking skills.
We were trying to get pictures of the dogs with Jesse's help. But I thought this picture of him with the dogs came out pretty good.
This is Chico. His momma was half Chihuahua, half Boston Terrier (aka- a Bostiwawa). We thought his daddy was a Labrador which would have made him a Labostiwawa. But his dad may have been a Border Collie. So maybe he's a Bordiwawa Bostollie?
Pipper may be small, but she's fast. I had a hard time focusing on a fast moving small object.
There was a ring around the moon Wednesday night when we got home. The picture above, with a flash, you can't see the ring. The picture below, without a flash, you can see the ring but no surface details. Now, how to combine the two?
And last, there was a pretty storm cloud off to the east tonight.

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Hmmmm, I never thought about using a flash to take a picture of the moon. Guess I thought the flash would not shine that far! We saw lightning from that cloud as we drove home tonight.

onemotherslove said...

I think you should give your little sister your camera to make up for the picture you posted on the birthday entry...

Unknown said...

I like the picture of Jesse with the dogs!