Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

This is Lynne. Today I have the privilege of being with family in California. It seems kind of strange because I am so use to helping with the cooking and the preparation of getting the meal ready and for once I am not doing that. We were told that we are to just relax and kick back. That is really hard to do but I am doing it. The morning devotional that my mom in law told us about is that "Thanksgiving is not just a day but a way of life." Translation is that we should make thanksgiving a part of everyday not just one day a year. I like that because I know that God says over and over in the scriptures that we should give thanks in all we do, and there are verses upon verses about thanksgiving. I have learned over the years to start my prayer time with a time of thanksgiving. Without God my life would be a mess and so for that I am eternally grateful and a way to show that is to give Him the thanks He deserves.

This thanksgiving season I am grateful for: my husband, my boys, my family, having a job, being blessed with so much, and good health. I am grateful for friends who love me no matter what and for being there through thick and thin.

I am praying that everyone has a fantastic day!

No comments: