Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Midlife Stage

This is Lynne. I leave the picture posting to Jeff so if the post is pictureless then it is me writing. I think I am at the midlife stage. I wouldn't call it a crisis. I wouldn't call it bad. I am just restless. I want to travel more than anything. I am craving it, I read about it, dream about it, and constantly think about it. Unfortunately, I married a "I am perfectly happy to stay at home and not deal with people" kind of person. I respect that because there are times when I am content to be at home and not around people. I am around people all day. I do understand. But... There are places, things, and adventures that scream at me to come find and experience.
I really did contemplate just going on my own and traveling some but there are a couple of reasons I haven't. One, money. It is probably the biggest reason. Two, I would feel guilty. It is something that God puts into Moms so that they don't venture far from home when there are still kids in the house. Sigh.
I am jealous of Andy and Jeff because they have gotten to go to Washington DC and see things that I can only dream about. I keep hearing that someday we will go there. Unfortunately, Will and Jesse are growing up and I really don't want to wait until they are out of the house. I want them to experience this with me. I have threatened to just take the boys and go on my own. Lauren has been to Turkey and Peru, Andy has been to Thailand, Melanie has been to Africa, Jeff's parents have been all over the US, and even my own parents have been to Hawaii. I did get to go to California in November and I clung to every second of it because I knew this was my shot at getting to go there.
You know in my last blog, I talked about "should haves". This is the point in my life that I don't want to look back and say "I should have done this or I should have done that." I want to just do it. No "should haves".
For now, I will just have to dream, think, crave, and wish about the places I want to go. Oh, the places I want to go.....

1 comment:

Nocona said...

Yea and Darin got to go to China. I will travel with you. :) We would have fun.