Friday, April 10, 2009

The things that happen in my life

Hi! This is Lynne again. This week has been interesting. On Tuesday we were fortunate to have another niece join our family. Sue Ellen had another baby girl--Rebekah and she is just precious. It was a high point for my day since we had been doing state testing at school all day and I was drained. Before that, the following happened and it might explain why my week was interesting.
I love teaching Language. I taught it for 2 years before some changes were made in the district and I ended up going back into Special Ed. All this year I have grumbled to Jeff and whoever else would listen about how I wanted to teach Language and go back to this thing I love to teach. In March, positions were posted of upcoming openings at the school. There as plain as day were 2 no 3 Language openings. I had people telling me about them constantly. I knew about them but somehow, something kept me from applying for them. It was like I couldn't bring myself to do it. One day, some things happened at school and I realized that I couldn't leave my kids in the Special Ed department because I had to be their super hero (Note that there should be a "dum dum dum" kind of sound about now) "The Defender". I had complete peace about this. A couple of weeks later a Language position came open at my campus and I got really excited. I decided to apply.
Now, my computer is set up so that my word icon is 3rd from the top so that I can just click and go. Well, I knew I had to write a letter of intent for the position but for the life of me, I couldn't find my word program. It was not anywhere on that computer. I looked and looked and then I heard a very clear "NO!" Not once but twice. I stopped and as I was processing the fact that someone said "NO!" I had a brief thought about defending people. I realized that (cue music) "The Defender" could not take another position yet. Instant peace. I emailed my principal and told her that I was NOT going to apply for the position and when I clicked send, I suddenly found my word program. It was like it just re-appeared.
It was God. That is all it was plain and simple. People think I am nuts but we all knew that anyway. But here is the deal. The voice I heard was clear. It was just like someone in the room with me. There was no physical human in that room with me, the door was shut, and so therefore I know that God was tired of me being wishy-washy and gripey and just came right out and told me the answer. No beating around the bush.
The peace that I have had since that time is nice. I know that it will not be an easy road because satan hates when we do what God tells us. I know that there will be times when I have difficulties and bad days but I will remember that God is in control always and forever. He just had to hit me upside the head with a 2 x 4 to let me know this time. If you don't have a relationship with God then let me know. I will gladly talk with you about it. You see, He is the reason I get up in the mornings and make it through any and every thing. Happy Easter.

No comments: