Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What I Like

I love spring! The flowers and trees are in bloom and everything is pretty and green and there are baby birds hatching, baby animals being born, and it seems like everything comes to life. What i hate about this time of year is the fact that I am stuck inside. We are currently in preparation for the dreaded TAKS test.
I am notorious for taking my kids outside for lessons because we are all a little stir crazy this time of year. I love teaching them outside. They seem to pay attention just a little more and they do retain what they learn out there. I think that kids should have a class outside periodically because they get the fresh air and the beauty of God's creations.
As things start stressing me out this time of year, I tend to take lots of walks and most importantly, I bake. My oldest son came in the last two weeks with friends and I have fixed more cookies and sopapilla cheesecakes in that time than in the last year. But it is my therapy. I know that out of my baking, people will be happy and satisfied. That makes me happy. Happy mom means happy home.

No comments: