Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bald Eagle?

As I drove by the lake in Cleburne today I was watching the waves crash against the shore when a large bird that had been sitting on the shore took flight. It was larger than a buzzard and had a white tail and head. I said to myself, "Oh my gosh! It's a Bald Eagle!". I pulled over as quick as I could, grabbed my camera and took a picture. He had already flown a good distance away so it's not a great picture. But it still looks like a Bald Eagle to me. Click on the picture to get a better view.

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Do I remember reading in the Cleburne paper about an eagle nest somewhere near the north end of the municipal golf course?

Mark & Lauren said...

or it could be a crested caracara (mexican eagle)

Pipesville said...

No. I've seen a CaraCara and this wasn't one.