Monday, July 26, 2010

Frenkie's Italian Restaurant in Hillsboro

Last Saturday Lynne and I went to Hillsboro for lunch. We decided on Frenkie's Italian Restaurant on the square.
The waiter met us at the door to take us to a table. I think it's a good sign when the waiter's Italian accent is so thick you have trouble understanding him. Must be my Texas ears.
We got fresh baked bread with our salad before the food arrived.
Lynne got a Stromboli. It looked very good and half of it got taken home.
I went for the basic Spaghetti with Meatballs. Very good also. The meatballs were nice and spicy. We definitely got full.
After we ate we went across the street and took pictures of the Hill County Courthouse.
It's a beautiful building. They did a great job rebuilding it after the fire.
The bell that was in the tower when it burned is on display in the yard.


We then drove a couple of blocks over and visited the old depot. The Chamber of Commerce resides here now. Lynne talked to the lady working inside while I took a few pictures around the building.



3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Very good courthouse pictures. You need to go back and take pictures inside.

onemotherslove said...

I really like the angles on your building photos.

Unknown said...

I like reading about your restaurant visits. I wanna go there to go antique shopping when I'm there. Maybe Lynne & I can shop & you & Daddy can take pictures