Saturday, October 06, 2007

An Old Gin

After reading GranPa's blog from a few days ago and seeing his pictures of the Five Points gin I decided to visit myself. I've probably only been there once or twice in my life and couldn't remember when the last time was.

There are many interesting parts to an old gin. Most people (including me) probably have no idea what they are or what their purpose was.

The area around the old gin was mowed and clean from debris. I guess someone is taking care of it.
The old gin in Maypearl was torn down several years ago, it's just a vacant lot now. The are preparing the old depot for a move to behind the bank. The plan is to restore it to original condition.
There is a piece of farm equipment in front of the old depot. I bet GranPa knows what it did. Maybe remove corn from the cob?

No comments: