Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Croak.

Last time I watered our garden I remembered at work the next day that I had forgotten to turn the water off. I had to call Lynne to run out and shut the water off. So now I set the alarm on my cell phone to remind me to go out and shut off the water. Last night as I was coming back from shutting the water off, I saw Chico was staring at his water bowl. When I got closer I saw this guy enjoying a swim. That's one way to keep cool in the Texas heat! I wish we had a pool.We found this site that lists all the frog and toad species in Texas to try and figure out what he is. We can't decide between Texas Toad and Woodhouse's Toad. Leave a comment and let us know what y'all think it is.UPDATE: I don't think it could be a Texas Toad because of the stripe up it's back. My new favorite is the Gulf Coast Toad.

5 comments:

Grandpa said...

I have found my water timer to be very useful. The toad looks like just a plain ole toad to me!

onemotherslove said...

I'm voting Woodhouse's Toad. Your photos are better than those on that website!

We saw a show on PBS last weekend... you can lick their backs to see if they're poisonious. If it's bitter, don't let Chico eat it! : )

Anonymous said...

And WHO in thier right mind, lick a toad or frog?

LOVEmomma

Anonymous said...

Either Woodhouse's or Gulf Coast toad. momma

JAR said...

I have no idea, but it looks like the 3 toads I found in our swimming pool yesterday. Unfortunately, the ones I found were not alive. I had just shocked the pool.

And, I must second the WHO would lick a frog comment! I do hope they are not poisonous, though. Our dog, Jazz, loves to chase them at night.